Web Security Engineer
- Job type
- Full-Time ·
- Job location
- Bucuresti, Romania ·
- Posted on
If you enjoy discovering vulnerabilities in web applications but also like coding, this is the perfect job for you.
At Pentest-Tools.com we're building a web application vulnerability scanner that needs to accurately detect a whole range of web application security issues. Your job will be to research various types of web vulnerabilities and write code to automatically detect them.
If you didn't know already, Pentest-Tools.com is a cloud-based toolkit for penetration testing and vulnerability assessments used by customers all around the Globe.
The Website Vulnerability Scanner is one of the leading tools from the platform and we want to keep it that way.
Must have qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Practical understanding of web vulnerabilities and attacks (SQLi, XSS, XXE, SSRF, Server-Side Template Injection, Insecure Deserialization, Cache Poisoning, etc.)
- Fluency in writing Python code
- Very good understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
Nice to have
Besides the mandatory requirements, there are also things that can positively differentiate you from the rest of the applicants, such as:
- Experience with CTFs, Bug Bounty or Penetration Testing
- Certifications such as OSCP, CEH, GPEN
- Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Git or an equivalent version control system
- Knowledge of best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, and testing
The benefits that we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock options
- Participation in cybersecurity conferences, trainings and certifications
- It is a full-time position with a highly flexible schedule
- We work in hybrid mode and we expect you to come to office at least 1-2 days per week (location: Piața Romană, Bucharest)
- Self-development is highly encouraged, both in DevOps and cybersecurity fields
We are a young and dynamic security company with a global presence. We are developing https://pentest-tools.com, a leading platform for penetration testing and vulnerability assessments which helps companies around the world become more resilient against cyber attacks. Our users range from security specialists to system administrators, web developers and IT managers.
You should know that at Pentest-Tools.com your work matters and it is being used by thousands of users every day. We value our team and we do our best that each colleague develops themselves both professionally and personally within the team.
We have won
- Product of the Year Award at ANIS Gala 2021
- Best Innovation Award at How to Web 2018
- Grand Prize at Innovation Labs 2017
- More than 1 million users last year
- Clients from 45 countries around the Globe
- Countless security vulnerabilities found
- We were Gold Sponsors at Black Hat Europe 2020