Ethical hacker with writing skills (freelance)
- Job type
- Full-Time ·
- Job location
- Bucuresti, Romania ·
- Posted on
Do you enjoy explaining security concepts and experimenting with vulnerabilities and ethical hacking techniques? Turn your knowledge and experience into a solid contribution to the offensive security community: write about your work for the Pentest-Tools.com blog!
Here’s what it’s like to work with us in the words of former collaborator Cristian Cornea (Penetration Tester Specialist):
"Working with Pentest-Tools was a journey where I learnt so much about article writing, SEO, keywords, content creation, and much more.
As a technical guy, more specifically, a pentester, those things made me up my game when it comes to blog writing.
The collaboration was a truly win-win for everyone, and you can use the learnt tips and tricks to apply them next time you are writing an infosec article for your personal blog.
The environment is very flexible and chill, which means that you won't be stressed with deadlines, or a lot of calls. You (as a collaborator) are the decision-maker when it comes to delivery aspects, the team at Pentest-Tools will allow you to choose a preferred date for deadline, subject topics to write about, and so on.
Also, the exposure is MASSIVE! We did one article together about a not so common vulnerability (DNN Deserialization) and, years after publishing that, I still receive messages on LinkedIn with congrats or questions about the content within that blog post."
As an ethical hacker who enjoys writing about their work, you’re responsible for creating articles, analyses, and guides for offensive security specialists with sizable experience under their belt.
Interested? Here’s the deep dive!
To make the most of this role, you...:
- turn your practical offensive security know-how into educational content which others infosec specialists can use to elevate their thinking and their work
- take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work – whether it’s hacking or writing
- write for like-minded ethical hackers who are curious, appreciate quality, and have a personal stake in their work
- can work with a content brief and use it to guide your writing and focus your experience on a specific topic
- like to keep an eye on details and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.
Common responsibilities include:
- Writing offensive security guides and analyses that are engaging, actionable, error-free, and follow the Pentest-Tools.com quality standard
- Making requested edits based on thoughtful feedback that helps you boost your skills (because you understand the why behind them)
- Sticking to a roadmap and shipping great content with minimal oversight
Here are the skills and experience that will come in handy:
- Hands-on ethical hacking experience: you’re a bug bounty hunter, researcher, or freelance offensive security specialist with valuable know-how to share.
- Writing and Editing: You can write a well-structured article (based on a brief we’ll provide) with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational tone. You can edit and proofread your own work to eliminate careless errors.
- Workflow Management: You’re able to prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines while communicating clearly and honestly when you need more time, resources, or support.
- Follow-through: You see things to completion, asking for feedback and help when needed. You take ownership of your work and take pride in a job well done.
Important: you need to have your own company, so you can invoice us each month based on our ongoing contract.
The benefits that we offer:
- Competitive pay with a long-term commitment from us (we want to work with you in the long run, this is not a one-hit wonder kind of thing)
- Opportunity to write for a global audience of tens of thousands of people who care about the same things you do.
- Training and guidance. It’s as much of a learning process as it is a collaboration.
- We happily provide courses, books, and other resources so you can strengthen your knowledge and combine it with focused writing practice.
- We give you the opportunity to create valuable content that makes a positive impact on readers’ lives.
- The chance to work with some of the best people in the business.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no BS, and no hidden agenda.
How to apply
- Email us 3 samples of your work + your website and/or social profiles and anything else you deem relevant for this position
We are a young and dynamic security company with a global presence. We are developing https://pentest-tools.com, a leading platform for penetration testing and vulnerability assessments which helps companies around the world become more resilient against cyber attacks. Our users range from security specialists to system administrators, web developers and IT managers.
You should know that at Pentest-Tools.com your work matters and it is being used by thousands of users every day. We value our team and we do our best that each colleague develops themselves both professionally and personally within the team.
We have won
- Product of the Year Award at ANIS Gala 2021
- Best Innovation Award at How to Web 2018
- Grand Prize at Innovation Labs 2017
- More than 1 million users last year
- Clients from 45 countries around the Globe
- Countless security vulnerabilities found
- We were Gold Sponsors at Black Hat Europe 2020